Initial appointments are for those who are visiting for the first time, have a new injury we have not treated, or have not had treatment with us in over 12 months. These appointments take around 45 minutes, and involve a thorough assessment of all contributing factors and the development of a treatment plan that takes into account not only your physiotherapy appointment but your sports training and competition load.
Subsequent appointments are 30 minutes and utilise evidenced base treatments both hands on and specific targeted exercise prescription.
Here at twelve9teen you can rest assured that your teenage athlete will receive top range care and treatment that relies on evidence based treatments for their age group and injuries. Twelve9teen has strong ties to numerous clubs and coaches and are happy to liaise with your coaches and teams to ensure that your injuries are managed appropriately.
Meet the Team
Twelve9teen has a range of physiotherapists with different key interest areas and experience levels.
You may want to start with an appointment from our senior physiotherapist and practice owner Doctor Loretta and then move on to treatment by another physiotherapist. Or, after starting with one physiotherapist you may be referred to Dr Loretta if your problem is particularly tricky or complicated to ensure that you are receiving the best possible care.
Doctor Loretta O'Sullivan-Pippia
specialist sports physiotherapist sub-speciality adolescents in sport
Dr Loretta has been working with sports teams and athletes since she graduated in 1993. She has worked in a variety of sports including rugby union, netball, track and field, swimming, gymnastics, dance, hockey, football, tennis, along with many others. Her clients have ranged from school and club teams/athletes through to international athletes, including Olympic gold medallists. Many of the athletes Dr Loretta worked with as junior athletes are now competing in the NRL and Super Rugby competitions.
Teams/Athletes/Sports Loretta has worked with either presently or in the past:
- Rugby Union
- Australian Rugby Union National Talent Squad
- Queensland U16
- GPS Representative Teams
- Saracens Rugby Union
- Darling Downs Rugby Union Representative Teams
- Toowoomba City Bears Rugby Union Club
- Rangers Rugby Union Club
- Numerous current and past Super Rugby and Wallabies Players
- Consultant to London Irish, London Scotish and Wasps
- Downey Park Netball Club
- St Margaret's Netball
- Olympic Games
- Australian National Junior Track Squad
- Great Britian Atheletics Team
- Individual Commonwealth and Olympic games athletics, including medalists
- Numerous Hockeyroos players including Olympic Gold medallists and Olympic player of the tournment and top gold scorer
- Individual swimmers including Olympic and Commonwealth Gold Medalists
- Towards 2000 swim squad
- Numerous world ranked tennis players, including world no 4 and previous Wimbledon champion
- English institute of sport tennis players
- Toowoomba International tournament
- London Rowing Club
- St Margarets Rowing
- Football (soccer)
- Consultant for Crystal Palace and Queens Park Rangers
- Consultant for past Socceroos and current A league coach
- Gregory Terrace 1st XI
- QAS womens team
- Random Dance Company London
- Individual dancers including present Australian Ballet Company dancers
- Water Polo
- Consultation for Great Britain Water Polo
- Delta Gymnastics
- All Stars Gymnastics
Isobel O’Sullivan is a new physiotherapist joining Twelve9teen. Isobel has experience in elite level adolescent sport. She has worked with the Women’s and youth Roar teams whilst completing her studies, assisted in research with the Brisbane Lions. She has experience as a clinical pilates instructor and has a passion for exercise and helping others. Isobel is about to start her PhD investigating patellofemoral pain in adolescents. Currently, Isobel provides physiotherapy services at the Clearfield clinic on Monday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.